Remote Bidding Terms & Conditions
For Auction Events that are conducted behind closed doors, or where you are not able to attend the venue in person, bidder may instead place a bid by telephone, internet or in writing (proxy) “Remote Bid”, on the following terms. These terms and conditions form part of the Buyers Terms.
- To place a Remote Bid, the Bidder must first complete an authority form for the Lots involved and provide their payment details to us up front by way of a bidder’s registration fee. This fee will be deducted from the deposit if the signee is the highest bidder. If not, the fee will be refunded within 5-7 working days.
- It is the Bidder’s responsibility to check that the form and payment is received by Connect UK Auctions and this can be done by telephoning the office on 0800 448 0100.
- We are required by law to verify the identity of our customers and carry out an AML check. Please refer to our Buyers Terms and conditions for details on how payment will be taken. At the point of submitting their Remote Bid, the Bidder shall be deemed to have read the relevant Buyers Terms and conditions, the particulars of the relevant Lot in the catalogue and the full legal pack, including the Special Conditions of Sale. The Bidder shall be deemed to have taken all necessary professional and legal advice and to have made enquiries and have knowledge of any announcements to be made from the rostrum and any of the addendum relating to the relevant Lot. The addendum can, and should, be checked by visiting our website or at the Auction prior to bidding.
- All bidders acknowledge and agree to pay any auction fee included in the legal pack.
- The bidder acknowledges that they have read and understood the legal pack corresponding to the lot in which they are bidding on.
- The auction fees are received on a non-refundable basis therefore due consideration should be given by the purchaser to your ability to raise any mortgage or loan that you require to finance your purchase. We also advise you to consider undertaking any survey, structural survey or professional valuation on your behalf before paying the auction fees which are non-refundable. In the event of the purchaser withdrawing for any reason whatsoever from the sale, including defects in the title or issues raised by survey or searches the auction fees included in the legal pack (at the prevailing rate) will be forfeited. In the event of the vendor withdrawing, the auction fees will be refunded to the purchaser in full. This is a legal document and you are strongly advised to seek independent legal advice before signing. Connect UK Auctions presume that you understand the risks associated with property transactions and that you have the requisite knowledge and understanding of the property market.This acknowledgement confirms receipt from the buyer(s) named below, of an Auction Fee included in the legal pack (at the prevailing rate) calculated against the final negotiated purchase price of the Subject property. NB: The auction fee is not considered as part payment of the final negotiated selling price and is non-refundable.
- In the case of telephone bids, at about the time the Lot comes up for auction, attempts will be made to contact the Bidder by telephone and, if successful, the Bidder may then compete in the bidding through the Auctioneer’s staff. The Bidder accepts that such contact is at the Bidder’s risk.
- In the case of internet bidding, all bidders who have registered can commence bidding when the intended Lot is being offered, however Connect UK Auctions not take any liability or responsibility should there be any interruption or suspension of internet services.
- The Bidder accepts in the event that the telephone or internet link is not established, breaks down or there is any confusion or disruption, then the Bidder will not be able to participate in the Auction. The Auctioneer will not be held responsible for instructions or authorisations given to them which are unclear or incomplete and these bids will not be accepted. If it is impossible to obtain telephone contact or the link breaks down, the Auctioneer is authorised to continue to bid on behalf of the telephone bidder up to the maximum bid stated on this form. If internet connection is lost the Auctioneer is authorised to continue to bid on behalf of the internet bidder up to the maximum bid stated on this form. In the case of written bids, Connect UK Auctions staff will compete in the bidding up to the maximum of the authorisation. If no maximum is inserted, Connect UK Auctions will not bid. Connect UK Auctions do not guarantee to regulate the bidding so that the maximum authorised bid actually falls to the written bidder.
- Connect UK Auctions reserve the right not to proceed with a Remote Bid in the event of any error, doubt, omission, uncertainty as to the bid, or for any reason whatsoever, and give no warranty, or guarantee, that a bid would be made on behalf of the Bidder and accept no liability.
- If Remote Bid accepted by the Auctioneer is the highest bid on the fall of the hammer, the Bidder will then be contractually bound to purchase the property. The Auctioneer will sign the Contract of Sale, Minute of Preference or Enactment, or Reservation Agreement as applicable on behalf of the Bidder. The applicable fees will then be due, as described in the relevant Buyers Terms.
- Once delivered to the Auctioneer the authority to bid is binding on the Bidder up to 11pm on the day on which the particular Lot is auctioned. This is to allow for the possibility of a Seller agreeing to sell post auction where the bidding has not reached the reserve.
- The authority can only be withdrawn by written notification via email received by the Auctioneer by 5pm the day before the Auction, or into the hands of the Auctioneer in the Auction Room half an hour before the start of that day’s auction. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to obtain a receipt of a copy of the withdrawal notification authorised by a representative of the Auctioneer. Without such a receipt the authority stands, and any successful contract is binding on the Bidder.
- If the Bidder, or an agent, submits both a Remote Bid and also bids directly at the Auction without having previously withdrawn the Remote Bid authority, the Auctioneer is at liberty to accept such bid in addition to any bid from Connect UK Auctions staff as empowered under the Remote Bid authority. Connect UK Auctions would have no liability whatsoever if the price achieved is the result only of this competition in bidding without intervention from other bidders.
- The receipt of a Remote Bid shall not in any way hinder the right of the Seller (or Auctioneer) to withdraw any Lot or to sell prior to auction to a third party, and neither the Seller nor Connect UK Auctions shall be under any liability to the Bidder in the event that the Lot is not offered at the Auction.
- The Auctioneer may disclose to the Seller that a Remote Bid has been entered for the Property, but not the amount of the maximum bid.