Frequently asked questions
Three reasons: Maximum price, speed and security.
Price – You are in full control at all times. From the reserve price to the guide price, we are here only to advise. Setting an attractive guide price instills the engagement of potential buyers. The competitive atmosphere and the variety of bidders from different sources will push up the price organically. If a property is suitable for auction- expect the sale price to reflect that.
Speed – Property Auctions are best known for selling with speed. On the fall of the gavel contracts are exchanged and completion usually 28 days after, unless special conditions apply. By following our advice and pricing the property at a keen and attractive level you can be sure of a quick sale and sometimes even a pre-auction sale.
Security – Imagine a sale with no possible fall throughs. Once the gavel falls the buyer and seller are legally bound to the sale and contracts are exchanged. Neither party can pull out. Not only this, this method of sale eliminates any long negotiation processes and seller chains.
- Does the property need refurbishment? Can it be redeveloped or extended? Does it have enough land that could potentially be used to develop on?
- Is the property tenanted? You can sell via auction with tenants in situ and in fact, many investors look for tenanted buy to lets as this provides instant income for them.
- Does the property have any issues? Whether structural, fire damaged, legal issues, a short lease, un-mortgageable or just that there are neighbour hood issues we can help.
- Are you looking for a quick sale? If you’re looking to release equity fast or avoiding for closure, emigrating or re-locating, auction proves perfect for speed and certainty.
- Have you inherited a property? Connect UK Auctions offer a bespoke property probate service.
- Do you have a vacant or occupied commercial lot you’re looking to sell?
- We also take on a variety of land including mixed use, land with planning for development and agricultural land also. Book your free auction valuation now.
You are in full control at all times. From the reserve price to the guide price, we are here only to advise. Setting an attractive guide price instils the engagement of potential buyers. The competitive atmosphere and the variety of bidders from different sources will push up the price organically. If a property is suitable for auction- expect the sale price to reflect that.
Everyone and anyone can, especially with our innovative ‘Conditional Auction.’ This has been devised to aim specifically at the residential buyers who may require a mortgage, so we do not aim solely for cash buyers. We do not exclude any buyer who is in a proceedable position.
You can NEVER under sell at auction. The trick is setting an aggressive start bid to generate multiple viewings over a set time span. Then, at auction, purchasers bid against each other either in person by proxy, phone, or internet.
By agreement with the seller, a reserve is set and can be altered only with the seller’s consent. The auction representative will keep the seller informed at all times along the process as to any pre-auction offers and general interest leading up to the auction itself.
We conduct open days and viewings ourselves generally, however, we are able to make arrangements with local agents for access if necessary as we know every property and vendor is different and should be treated as such.
In the weeks approaching the auction we advertise weekly in regional newspapers and property supplements. Each property will also enjoy maximum exposure by being displayed on internet websites 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 52 weeks-a-year. The internet also offers potential buyers the opportunity to print colour brochures or to contact the office directly to organise viewings or arrange details to be sent out in the post.
All of the following websites are uploaded to and updated on a daily basis:
If necessary, we will also create a virtual tour of your property to be uploaded to our website and socials also.
No – when you sign the agreement you agree to us marketing the property straight away.